February 19, 2023 | Chad Gilbert
Passage: Ephesians 2:1-10
Question: Why the Cross?
Answer: For we were dead in our trespasses and sins (Ephesians 2:1)
Our condition was:
- Spiritual slavery (Ephesians 2:2)
- Jupiter Hammon (1711-[1790-1806?]) – The First Published African American Poet
- Universal (Ephesians 2:3)
- No innocent person in an unreached people group
- Willful disobedience (Ephesians 2:3)
- Why do we do what we know we ought not do?
- Without hope (Ephesians 2:3)
- Set us free through forgiveness by the cross of Christ (Ephesians 1:7)
- Globally loved us (John 3:16)
- Changes our will (Colossians 3:1-10)
- Gives us the Gospel (Ephesians 2:4-10)